There’s five factors that help your primary eye care provider determine if you have glaucoma:
1. Tonometry – to check the inner eye pressure
2. Ophthalmoscopy (dilated eye exam) – to check the shape and color of the optic nerve head
3. Perimetry (visual field) – to check the complete field of vision
4. Gonioscopy – to check the angle inside the eye where the iris meets the cornea
5. Pachymetry – to check the thickness of the cornea
Regular glaucoma check-ups include two routine eye tests: tonometry and ophthalmoscopy.